Get a FREE half-season ticket
Newcastle United is offering its current season ticket holders a FREE additional half-season ticket as the club looks to get a packed St. James’ Park behind the team.
After discussions between head coach Steve Bruce and managing director Lee Charnley, subject to eligibility criteria, the Magpies will gift a half-season ticket to qualifying nominees by existing season ticket holders on a first-come first-served basis.
A half-season ticket includes ten home Premier League fixtures, beginning with the visit of Everton on Saturday 28th December and including matches against Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur and Liverpool.
Steve Bruce said: "The supporters have been nothing short of magnificent since I arrived in the summer and I’d like to take this opportunity to say thank you to each and every one of them.
"To have the crowds we have is wonderful, and we can’t ever take that for granted, but the question to all of us at the club is can we pack the stadium to the rafters?
"It starts with results on the pitch, but I hope a gesture like this will help us to fill the place because St. James’ Park in full voice is a force to be reckoned with.
"It really does give the players an edge and when they work hard and play well, the atmosphere is like nowhere else."
Lee Charnley said: "Steve and I spoke after Sunday’s win against Southampton about what we could do to bring as many people as possible into the stadium.
"As Steve and the players will testify, a full St. James’ Park does make a big difference and we want to support them in achieving that.
"While of course we want to encourage fans to come back and also to attract new fans, at this time we wanted to do something specifically for our existing season ticket holders to reward them for their loyalty and support of Steve and the players.
"I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has been to matches so far this season.
"The support Steve, the staff and the players have had has been fantastic and it has helped to produce some very encouraging results on the pitch. We want to move forward together and I hope this gesture is another step towards achieving that."
HOW TO APPLY
Due to incredible demand, applications are no longer being accepted online.
A limited number of Family Area seats remain available to eligible current season ticket holders by calling 0344 372 1892.
No applications will be taken in person at St. James’ Park.
You will need the name, address, email and date of birth of the person you are nominating for the gifted half-season ticket in order to complete the transaction.
Fans in 'Friends and Family' groups will be able to allocate tickets on each other’s behalf for the purpose of sitting together.
Gifted half-season tickets are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
To ensure all applications are processed in a timely and efficient manner, the following terms and conditions apply:
- Half-season tickets must be the same age band (e.g. adult or senior etc.) as the eligible season ticket holder.
- Current season ticket holders cannot move their seats.
- Junior season ticket holders applying for a gifted half-season ticket must do via their accompanied adult ticket holder in order for them to be seated together (children under 13 years of age must be accompanied at all fixtures).
- Eligible Family Area season ticket holders should claim their half-season ticket by calling the Box Office directly on 0344 372 1892.
- Disabled nominees for gifted half-season tickets, subject to availability, will also have a carer/personal assistant half-season ticket allocated if applicable. (Proof of eligibility for a disabled concession is required).
- Tickets are gifted in good faith and subject to the eligibility criteria, should not be sold on/touted. In case of breach, both the gifted half-season and nominating season ticket will be cancelled and no refund offered.
- Any failed Direct Debit payments for your full season ticket will result in the cancellation of any free ticket obtained through that supporter number.
- Tickets should not be passed on to opposition fans under any circumstances.
- Season ticket holders who claim a complimentary half-season ticket are responsible for the behaviour of the person utilising that ticket. Behaviour that does not adhere to the stadium regulations will result in both the complimentary and paid for season tickets being cancelled, and no refund for the paid ticket being offered.
- Nominees of gifted half-season tickets will not be granted priority access to Away match tickets.
- Hospitality seasonal clients are not eligible.
- All tickets are subject to Newcastle United terms and conditions, which can be viewed at nufc.co.uk/terms.
Which matches does a half-season ticket include?
A half-season ticket will guarantee you an allocated seat at ten Premier League home matches during the 2019/20 season, starting with Newcastle United v Everton on 28th December.
Please note that first team cup matches and other events are not included.
How do I take advantage of the offer?
- By calling 0344 372 1892.
- The application process opened at 10am on Tuesday 10th December 2019.
- No bookings will be taken in person at St. James’ Park.
How long do I have to book?
A very limited number remain available so you are advised to apply immediately.
Can I pick the seat and the stand I would like?
Only Family Area seats remain.
Can I change my seat so we can sit together?
Unfortunately, season ticket holders need to remain in their current allocated seat. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
What if I would like to buy a half-season ticket to go with my free ticket?
Half-season tickets are not on sale, however a limited number of single match tickets will be available on a game-by-game basis.
When will I receive my season ticket?
Season tickets will be posted out to the nominating full season ticket holder prior to the Everton fixture.
Will season ticket holders get the same gift pack as I received?
No, season ticket gifts are reserved for full season ticket holders.
What happens at the end of the season?
The half season ticket is only valid until the end of the 2019/20 season.
Why does it say the offer is sold out but there are still single match tickets to buy?
Premier League regulations state that 5% of the stadium needs to be available for single match ticket purchasers. Match tickets can be purchased at book.nufc.co.uk on a game-by-game basis.
I’m a current season ticket holder, but I have not received a personalised email inviting me to apply for a gifted half-season ticket. Why?
Due to Data Protection Law and in accordance with our Privacy Notice (which you can see on our website), we rely upon your consent to contact supporters about our offers and other marketing.
Therefore, we can only contact those of our supporters whom have opted-in to receive offers and marketing communications from us.
If you have not received a personalised email from us, this is because you have not opted-in. You can change this at any time by logging into your account and updating your preferences.
"I hope a gesture like this will help us to fill the place because St. James’ Park in full voice is a force to be reckoned with."