icon_corner icon_start_stop enlarge2 icon_start_stop icon_start_stop icon_post icon_miss icon_save icon_card_red enlarge2 icon_save icon_start_stop icon_card_yellow attack icon chevron-down icon chevron-left icon chevron-right icon chevron-up icon cross icon defence icon icon_disallowed_goal email icon facebook icon google icon instagram icon linkedin icon messenger icon pinterest icon play icon plus-thin icon plus icon search icon soundcloud icon sub-in icon sub-out icon icon_sub tweet icon twitter icon icon_user__out icon_user_out vimeo icon whatsapp icon icon_start_stop youtube icon

Latest News

Loan Watch: Stoppage-time drama for Murphy

Written by Luke Vinton

Jacob Murphy ended up on the winning side as Sheffield Wednesday beat Charlton Athletic 1-0 at Hillsborough on Wednesday night.

Steven Fletcher's 95th minute winner ended the Owls' near two-month goal drought on home soil after nodding the ball home from close range, with Murphy playing the full game in South Yorkshire.

The win lifts Garry Monk's side into 12th place in the Championship, where they currently lie eight points adrift of the play-off spots.

Elsewhere in the Championship, goalkeeper Freddie Woodman was unable to register an 11th league clean sheet as Swansea City suffered an agonising 1-0 defeat against Fulham at Craven Cottage, with ex-Magpie Aleksandar Mitrović netting the only goal in the 94th minute.

Woodman had saved a penalty from his former team-mate in the closing stages before the Serbian forward snatched three points for the Cottagers with a leaping header.

Rolando Aarons played the full 90 minutes of Motherwell's Scottish Premiership clash against St. Mirren, with the Well losing 2-1 at Fir Park.

Aarons, who spent the first half of the 2019/20 campaign on loan at Wycombe Wanderers, won the hosts a penalty, which was converted by Liam Donnelly but late goals from Jon Obika and Ilkay Durmus sealed the victory for the Saints.

Dan Barlaser endured a frustrating night as the midfielder played 73 minutes of Rotherham United's 1-1 draw at Coventry City in League One before suffering an ankle injury which saw the 23-year-old depart St Andrew's on a stretcher.

Recommended for you

Breaking News

Dismiss Close
Enable Recite