Newcastle United are looking for a full-time journalist to join the media team at St. James' Park.
You will be required to:
- write for the Club's website and our official Matchday Programme;
- provide additional coverage, both online and in print of the Club's Academy, community and charity work, as well as occasional PR copy;
- produce well-written, clean copy, including news, interviews and features, and generate your own editorial ideas;
- contribute to nufcTV content, including interviews and editing of video material;
- develop close working relationships with the Club's commercial departments, its players, coaching staff and charity Foundation team.
The ideal candidate will:
- have the ability to produce well-written, clean copy for both website and programme, including news, interviews and features;
- be expected to generate their own editorial ideas;
- have an excellent understanding of written English and the ability to write creative and engaging copy (essential);
- be educated to degree standard (or equivalent), or hold an NCTJ qualification;
- preferably have experience of writing within a journalistic environment;
- have experience of camerawork and video editing;
- have a smart and presentable appearance.
You must be available to work all home and away fixtures through the season, and additional hours as required.
A passion for football and an up-to-the-minute knowledge of the game is essential for the role, as is an understanding of what Newcastle United means to its supporters in the North-East and beyond.
To apply, email your CV and two examples of your work to Managing Editor Anthony Marshall at email@example.com and please include details of your current salary where applicable.
Close date: 15th February, 2013.
This position is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced CRB Disclosure.
Newcastle United Football Company Limited is an Equal Opportunities Employer.